Trying to get back into it

I have tried to get back on the workout horse this week. I am slowly starting to feel better and stronger. I know that I am going to need to continue to get good sleep and eat well in order to keep my energy levels up. So I am going to keep working hard to do that.

On Monday, I was faced with a little bit of frustration. I had a meeting that was scheduled for an hour. It went 45 minutes over, which went into my normal pumping times (I have blocked them off on my calendar, and I take my computer to the mommy room with me so it is not like I am losing productivity), which made me start to feel physically uncomfortable. I excused myself eventually, making the men in the room uncomfortable (Tina told me that!) and the meeting was still going on. At this point, it was lunchtime, I had hoped to be at the gym.

Naturally, after getting a late start on pumping (even though I work throughout!) I felt uncomfortable leaving to go to the gym. I just didn't want anyone to think that I was not pulling my weight, even though having a lunch time seems completely legit. So I was feeling upset that I did not get a workout in, when it was the first day that I felt well enough to do one since the previous Wednesday. I emailed Karen, as usual, whining about how stressed out it made me that I was not going to get a workout in again. She reassured me. Told me to quit with all of the guilt (definitely was feeling REALLY guilty). And told me that if I wanted to, it would be easy enough to go for a nice walk/jog with Addie after I got home. It was a beautiful day after all...

She was right, of course, so I made an effort to stress less, and after I picked up Addie I changed her diaper and loaded her up into the stroller. I wasn't sure how the run was going to go, but I wanted to cover at least 4 miles today. What amount of that would be run versus walked was up in the air at that point. Here is where we ended up with our splits:
I ran the first 4 miles and then we walked home the rest of the way. As you can see, for the 4 miles that we ran, we negative split! I ended up with a 10:02 average pace for those 4 miles. And it was a stroller PDR (previously that had been the Hike for Hospice 5K a few weeks back. So I would say despite my whining and guilt, we had a successful run.

And now, here is baby's first tutu:
I love her...


Popular Posts