Ladies Night!

Has anyone else noticed that everyone and their brother is hosting a DietBet right now? I am not, obviously, nor am I participating in any. There are not prizes for last place. :) And believe it or not, in some ways, I might be ok with last place for the moment. It means everything is working properly, right? Maybe after the baby it will be something fun to participate in. I would like to say that I am going to take it easy on myself after the baby and not worry so much about my body, but I also know myself better than to think that is the truth. I am certain that I will put some unreasonable amount of pressure onto myself in order to get back to where I was in October...

Yesterday was another strength workout for bestbody bootcamp! Workout B was yesterday, and I did the at-home version due to a rough night with my puppies. Zeus woke up around 2 am, and J got up with him. It's just like having a baby. He got Z up and brought him into our room, after taking both dogs outside. And Zeus just could not settle down. I would not mind him sleeping with us most nights if he would relax a little bit and just go to sleep. That is what seems to be the trouble though.

He was up and moving around, which made Teek be up and moving around. And neither J nor I got much sleep, so I turned off my early alarm and waited until 6 am to get up. It was at that point that I was uncertain what my plan for the day was going to be. Wednesday is typically steady state cardio along with lifting according to the schedule. I did not get an AM workout as I try to on double workout days. I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to fit in a workout after work either as Leah was coming over at 5:45 to pick me up and take me to Katie's house for our girl's night.

I packed my workout gear for an outdoor run. I was uncertain if I was going to do intervals (today's workout) or steady state (Wednesday's workout). I was just going to wait and see how things were going when I was running. That was my tentative plan. It seemed pretty solid.

When lunchtime rolled around, I got dressed in my running clothes, put on my garmin, and headed out. I just went for the steady state. The plan calls for 20 minutes of it. I have typically been doing 20 additional minutes, mostly walked, and calling it my warm up before I lift. So I went out for the run. I started out with 20 minutes at 9:13-ish pace. Then to cool down (since I wasn't going to warm up), I did a jog for 5 minutes, walk for 2 minutes routine for the next 20 minutes. So overall, I covered 4.17 miles in 40 minutes which was pretty good. I felt pleased overall with my run.

When I got home from work, I managed to have just over an hour before Leah was going to pick me up. I managed to get in the at home version of workout B, which I was glad of. Basically, I modified some things that used a bosu, and it ended up working out pretty well and it was pretty tough. It felt good as well.

I made Michigan dry cherry salad to bring over for dinner for my friends.

My mom, sister, aunt, cousin and I discovered this salad in Frankenmuth MI at one of our annual girls days. It is so delicious, we have spent some time working to re-make it away from Zehnders. So that was what I selected to make to bring to the girls dinner. It was really delicious.

Katie ordered some chicken parmesan from a local Italian restaurant to go with the salad, Leah brought bread and some olive oil for dipping, Becky brought salted carmel cheesecake, and other folks brought wine (which I could not partake in). Other than the wine, the food was amazing, and I was pleased with my salad, and I definitely need to make it more often.

What did you do last night?


Popular Posts