Work Party!

This photograph is meant to be evidence of how awesome my job is.  This was how my afternoon at work went yesterday. 
We have some stuff going on at work right now, and some folks are definitely feeling a little bit down about it, so we had an ice cream social (with adult beverages!) and we also had a game afternoon.  We had three sets of cornhole boards set up, 3 euchre tables, and lots of people just hanging out and chatting.  It was an awesome afternoon.  I played 4 games of euchre, which was fun.  It has been a pretty long time since I have played, and I only won one of the 4, but I will take it regardless!

This morning, my body just was not feeling much like working.  I am not entirely sure why not, but it was just feeling mad at me for sure.  I woke up at 3 am, no idea why, and just felt kind of nauseous, so I reset my alarm for 6:30.  And there was no working out there. 

By the end of the day I was starting to feel better, so after work I got into my new outfit that I purchased for myself for running a marathon (lululemon, obviously) and got the garmin on.  I had no official plans for how far I wanted to go, or how fast I wanted to go, but I figured getting out there was good enough for the day.  When I first started going, my left quad was feeling a little tight and a bit tweaky. 

I settled on 4 miles, and I wanted to do it tempo-ish.  I planned to do the middle 2 miles at or near 5K goal pace, since that will be one of the big things that I want to do this summer.  It was not quite as consistent as I wanted it to be, but I guess I need to be pretty pleased.

Mile 1 - 9:12
Mile 2 - 8:11
Mile 3 - 8:02
Mile 4 - 9:26

So tomorrow night, I have a little bit of speedwork to do.  I think I am actually going to go to "Run Happy Hour" with the team for the first time ever.  I am looking forward to it, but I am also nervous, because I have mostly just done my speedwork on a treadmill up until now.  So it will definitely be different and tough, I think.


Popular Posts