Ahhh... Jess's wedding weekend. It was beautiful. SHE was beautiful.

Doesn't she look so pretty? She had a wonderful day I think. At least she seemed to. And I did my very best to keep her calm and together for the day. That was my job! Keep Jess breathing and happy. :-) I made a run to kroger after they had been there for about 10 minutes to go and get eyelash glue! I tried to make sure that everything was done and that everything was done when it needed to be so that things ran as smoothly as possible for her on her day. I hope someone can do that for me as well!

Here is J and I at the wedding. This might be one of my fave pictures EVER of us! Looks at my arms! J looks a little sleepy, but he was probably just intoxicated. ;-) I caught the bouquet as well. So that was kinda fun. J got the garter because Mike threw it at him. Apparently we are the next two to get married. I would HOPE so!

I was at the rehearsal to make sure I knew what was going on and where everyone needed to be and when. I listened to the music to make sure that I knew what it was and how they planned on timing things, etc, since I was going to be in charge of sending people down the aisle. She picked beautiful music, unfortunately it was all on a CD. But I guess with an outdoor venue, you do what you can to make things work. This is one of my favorite pictures of her trying to figure out the music.

It makes me laugh because I am not sure if you can see it or not, but she has her iphone in her hand. It is playing the song that she is walking in with her dad to. But it makes it look like she can't even put down her phone long enough to walk down the aisle with her dad.

Here is a classic bride and groom shot from the rehearsal:
After the rehearsal was over (they got through things three times and we were done within an hour!) I drove back to our hotel to pick up J. He had to stay at work a little later, so he did not make it to the rehearsal. Not that he had any need to be there anyway. So I called him when I was getting off at the exit and he met me in the parking lot of the Courtyard Marriott. We had two nights there. The first one I booked with a certificate that I had from my Marriott rewards Visa, and the second I got with the room rate for Jess's wedding.

After picking up J we headed to the dinner location which was a party barn! Admittedly, we had no idea what we were getting into when we were on our way there, but it was exactly what it sounded like. A big barn with a disco ball! We had a large catered meal of BBQ. It was delicious. I pretty much stuf to a big plate of pork (all white meat) with a little squeeze of BBQ sauce. I had a small amount of mac and cheese and a glass of wine.

Once that night was over, we went back to the hotel and crashed. We were invited to go and hang out with the groom in his hotel for beers etc, but I was BEAT. Plus I had morning plans to hit the fitness center for a quick 5K run (which I did) and then back to the church by 1 pm.

Here is J and I with the bride & groom at the reception!


Popular Posts